Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Resemblances

Tonight James and I ran a Moonlight 5K race southward out of town (it's the full moon tonight, and also this afternoon the sun passed 90 degrees directly overhead of us here at about 7 degrees south (time lapse of disappearing shadows coming soon!)). Toward the end of the race I passed two Filipino guys who looked about 20, and after I passed them I heard them say something resembling "Siya kahawig Justin Beiber!!" I paused to collect myself for about five seconds to make sure that's what I really heard, and then turned around and was just like "Haha yeah!" to which they just laughed back. So yeah, even foreign kids are calling me the J-word. I may or may not have mock sung "Baby, baby, baby" too... I'll leave that for you to decide, just as you have the true intentions of my coiffure. But I thought you Fort Colanders especially would enjoy that.

We also got another mistaken band identity yesterday at the gym, when this Air Force guy came over to us while we were doing military press (ironically enough) and said "I don't mean to intrude, but what are you guys doing here on DG?" After we told him, he of course confirmed that he indeed "thought y'all were the band or something, with the shaggy hair."

Balloon launch shifts have continued going well. In our off time we do at least two of the three of windsurfing, ping-pong, and gyming every day. Tomorrow is the Navy's 236th birthday, and there's going to be a huge lunch at the mess hall of steak, shrimp, wings, and corn-on-the-cob.

Finally, I leave you with your picture of the day - baby palm trees (cue Steph Slade's awwww!):


- Gavin

2 comments:

  1. I'm awwww-ing at the baby palm trees too! :) haha. Great posts so far, I'm laughing quite often. You do not look like Justin Beiber, and you never should, so don't think it. Miss you bro. Skype soon?

    ~Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww baby palm trees!! :)

    and congrats on the worldwide Bieber fame! haha

    ReplyDelete